Metal Braces in Dallas,TX
Metal braces are a tried-and-true method of straightening the teeth, which is why they are highly recommended for patients in the Dallas, Texas area looking for a straighter smile.
What are Metal Braces?
Metal braces are dental appliances that consist of metal brackets and wires that gradually shift the teeth into their proper position. They are one of the most effective methods of straightening, allowing patients to achieve desired results much faster than with other dental appliances.
Benefits of Metal Braces
- Durable and less likely to break
- Provides results in the fastest amount of time possible
- Less expensive than other types of braces
- More effective at treating severe jaw irregularities and malocclusions
Metal Braces Before & After
As these before and after pictures show, patients who have worn metal braces achieved tremendous results. Your exact results may vary.
How are Metal Braces Performed?
Dr. Evans will schedule a one to two-hour block of time to apply your braces. He will begin by cleaning and polishing your teeth so the adhesive that holds your brackets in place will adhere better.
A bit of bonding agent is placed on each tooth one at a time, and then the individual bracket will be pressed into position. Once all the brackets are in place, wires are threaded through each bracket, cut to size, and secured.
Preparing for Metal Braces
Several things need to happen before you obtain metal braces, including:
- Taking x-rays
- Making molds of the teeth and gums
- Determining exactly how teeth should be shifted so a customized treatment plan can then be developed
- Spacers create an opening for metal bands
Metal Braces Recovery
After the initial placement, you may find your mouth is sore, and that eating certain foods is difficult. While getting used to your braces, we recommend eating soft foods such as ice cream, pudding and mashed potatoes. You may also use an over-the-counter medication such as acetaminophen to help eliminate any discomfort you feel.
How Much Do Metal Braces Cost?
Your orthodontic treatment is an investment that will last a lifetime. We work hard to keep costs affordable. Please see our financing page for insurance and payment information.
Are Metal Braces Right for Me?
You could benefit from metal braces if:
- Straightening your teeth is a priority
- You want to do so in as little time as possible
- You don’t mind wearing braces that are noticeable
Why Choose Dr. Scott Evans Orthodontic, Family, & Cosmetic Dentistry?
The mission of our practice is to provide the most up-to-date orthodontic care to our patients in a comfortable atmosphere.
- Dr. Scott Evans has extensive experience as both an orthodontist and a general dentist.
- He is devoted to helping children get a head start on early orthodontic care
- Our practice uses state-of-the-art technology and treatment techniques
What to Expect During Your Consultation
The initial appointment will be a time to gather records and talk about your case or your child’s case.
- Dr. Evans will do an initial exam of the gums, teeth, and jaws, and discuss his findings.
- All treatment options are explained thoroughly, and Dr. Evans welcomes your questions.
- Once you decide upon a treatment plan, payment options are discussed.
Isn’t it time you made a confident, winning smile of your dreams a reality? To schedule a consultation contact us today.February 28, 2013