Ceramic Braces in Dallas,TX
Dr. Evans provides ceramic braces to patients in the Dallas, Texas area who want to straighten their teeth with a more subtle appearance than metal braces.
What are Ceramic Braces?
Sometimes referred to as clear braces, ceramic braces straighten the teeth while being much less noticeable than traditional metal braces. This is due to the brackets being clear or tooth-colored so that they blend in with the teeth. They are ideal for anyone who would like to straighten their teeth, but feel self-conscious about having a mouth full of metal.
Benefits of Ceramic Braces
- Less noticeable than other types of braces
- Resist stains and odors
- Can be combined with clear wires for a look that’s even more natural looking
Ceramic Braces Before & After
These before and after photographs show the dramatic difference ceramic braces can make. Keep in mind individual experiences wearing braces may vary.
How are Ceramic Braces Performed?
When placing ceramic braces, Dr. Evans will:
- Clean and polish your teeth
- Apply bonding glue to the front of each tooth
- Attach brackets by holding them against the tooth until they adhere
- Place archwires through the brackets to help shift teeth
- Secure archwires with elastic bands if needed
The entire procedure can take between one and two hours.
Preparing for Ceramic Braces
Your teeth must be in good condition prior to having ceramic braces, which is why you may need to have certain dental work performed ahead of time. This can include:
- Periodontal treatment
Ceramic Braces Recovery
Many patients believe that ceramic brackets are a more comfortable option than the metal ones. They report less irritation to the gums and lips with ceramic brackets, even though they are slightly bigger than their metal counterparts. Dr. Evans will also provide you with dental wax, which you can use to cover portions of brackets or wires that are rubbing against your gum line.
How Much Do Ceramic Braces Cost?
Your orthodontic treatment is an investment that will last a lifetime. We work hard to keep costs affordable. Please see our financing page for insurance and payment information.
Are Ceramic Braces Right for Me?
You could benefit from ceramic braces if:
- You want to straighten your teeth to be as inconspicuous as possible
- You are willing to wait longer than average to obtain results
- You are committed to caring for your teeth and braces
Why Choose Dr. Scott Evans Orthodontic, Family, & Cosmetic Dentistry?
The mission of our practice is to provide the most up-to-date orthodontic care to our patients in a comfortable atmosphere.
- Dr. Scott Evans has extensive experience as both an orthodontist and a general dentist.
- He is devoted to helping children get a head start on early orthodontic care
- Our practice uses state-of-the-art technology and treatment techniques
What to Expect During Your Consultation
The initial appointment will be a time to gather records and talk about your case or your child’s case.
- Dr. Evans will do an initial exam of the gums, teeth, and jaws, and discuss his findings.
- All treatment options are explained thoroughly, and Dr. Evans welcomes your questions.
- Once you decide upon a treatment plan, payment options are discussed.
We can help you decide if ceramic braces are the right fit for you. To schedule a consultation contact us today.February 28, 2013